As most of our international orders are shipped from our international fulfillment center, you may have additional import fees upon delivery.
Duties and taxes are calculated and charged by customs officials in your country. As such, they are beyond our control. As the importer of goods, you are responsible for duties, taxes, and any other charges that your country chooses to impose for the import.
Occasionally some orders are shipped from selected third-party retailers, of which we do not have control if they cover VAT or include it on 100% of their orders. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. More commonly than not, this happens to large orders ($1000+).
- USA - All orders are exempt from import tax.
- UK, EUROPEAN UNION - Some orders are subject to the VAT tax and customs clearance fees. Because of the new VATMOSS regulation entered in the EU on 1 July 2021, some shipments might be withheld by customs if the VAT is not cleared.
- AUSTRALIA – All orders above AUS$1000 are subject to import duties. This figure can vary depending on the value of the parcel, so please check with the Department of Home Affairs for more information
- NEW ZEALAND - All orders above NZD$1000 are subject to import duties. This figure can vary depending on the value of the parcel. You can get an estimate from the New Zealand Customs Service website, click here to go through
- CANADA: All orders are subject to 5% GST.
- BRAZIL- All orders are subject to import duties.
- OTHER COUNTRIES - Please contact your local customs office regarding import duties
Refusing to pay customs
If you choose to refuse the customs fee and the parcel is returned back to Nordic Abode, the shipping fee will be deducted from your refund. If you're still unsure on whether you'll be subject to customs fees, we'd recommend contacting your local customs office for more information before placing your order.